Episode 3: The Tools You Need to Get Started in Woodworking
In this episode DIY PETE will tell you what tools you'll need to get started with simple do it yourself projects. You'll find out where to buy tools, how to find deals, what brands to look for, and where to find plans to build your first work bench.
Click here to Subscribe
Want to help spread the word about the podcast? If so, please leave an honest review on iTunes by clicking here. Your feedback will help improve the podcast and and reviews help with rankings tremendously. THANK YOU for helping and send me a quick note letting me know that you've written a review!
The basic tools to get started with – A GOOD QUALITY TOOL SET (Recommendations)
- Tool Set – Great for home improvement and repair projects (Sockets, Hammer, Wrench, etc) – $73
- Homeowners Tool Kit – Hammer, wrenches, etc. No sockets -$35
- Tool Set – This is my tool set of choice but you'll need to pick up a hammer separately. $104
The first 4 tools I'd buy to get started with do it yourself wood projects
More Recommendations can be found on my Resources Page.
Blogs I recommend following for Woodworking Projects
- Ana-White.com – Homemaker from Alaska – Hundreds of free plans and ideas for woodworking
- JaysCustomCreations.com – Woodworking Videos and Plans
One of my favorite tools out in the garage is the Kreg Jig. Why? Because it makes building wood furniture super simple. You can purchase your own Kreg Jig and get started building furniture today by clicking here! Need more ideas on tools to get started with your do it yourself projects? Just check out my resources page to see all the tools I use and recommend!
Where to find deals on tools
Annual sales at Farm and Ranch stores like Murdochs.
Brands I mention in this episode include:
Black and Decker
How to SUBMIT a question
Simply go to DIYPETE.com or click the button below! You will need a computer with a built in mic to do this. Most computers nowadays are equipped!